Rachel is currently in Park City, Utah for the Sundance Film Festival premiere of “A Most Wanted Man“. The movie is selected for the Premieres selection (out of competition). Rachel already did two portrait sessions this morning alongside co-stars Philip Seymour Hoffman and Willem Dafoe and director Anton Corbijn.
The premiere will start 3.30pm (local time) according to the official schedule, so be sure to check back later for our coverage!
A brand new production still of “A Most Wanted Man” was released today featuring Rachel and her co-star Grigoriy Dobrygin, who play Issa in the movie. The movie is selected for the Sundance Film Festival as part of the premieres selection. The festival begins today and runs from January 16-26 in Part City, Utah. “A Most Wanted Man” will have it’s premiere this Sunday, January 19th. Rachel will reportedly attend the premiere.
Rachel is enjoying her time off after wrapping up filming the still Untitled Cameron Crowe Project in Hawaii so there is not much news to update on. We will round-up come news tidbits in this update.
• The Box Office reported that “About Time broke a box office record in South Korea after debuting #1 in the box office. The movie already grossed over 82 million world wide to date according to Box Office Mojo.
South Korean audiences have been falling in love over and over again with About Time. The film became the biggest foreign romantic comedy of all time in South Korea and is Universal’s biggest release of the year in the market with an 18-day $14.2 million cume. About Time finished its third weekend in South Korea in third place with a $2.9 million take from 289 dates. The romantic comedy enjoyed a limited release in Brazil to the tune of $200k from 122 dates to place eigth in the weekend chart. About Time has grossed a total of $59.7 million overseas and $74.9 million worldwide
“About Time” will be released February 3 (UK) and February 4 on DVD/Blu-Ray. The Digital HD US release date is already next week on January 21. The Itunes Extras are the same as the DVD/Blu-Ray ones.
• The Salt Lake Tribute is reporting that Rachel and her co-stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright are expected to attend the Sundance Film Festival premiere of “A Most Wanted Man“. The festival runs from January 16-26 in Park City, Utah. The movie is selected for the premies selection (out of competition) and will have it’s first screening Sunday, January 19.
Rachel McAdams » “About Time,” “The Notebook” » “A Most Wanted Man” (Premieres)
• “Passengers” screenwriter John Spaiths revealed on his official twitter account that will be entirely shot on Sound Stages at Pinewood Studio Berlin, Germany. It was previously reported that the movie is expected to start filming late Feburary/early March but no exact date has been announced. Rachel and Keanu Reeves are currently attached to start and The Weinstein Company set the release to April 3, 2015.
31 December 2013 Other Comments Off on Rachel in 2013: A Year In Review
Tonight is New Year’s Eve so it’s time for our annual year review. We will give you a review and summary of Rachel and her career in 2013. It’s been a busy year for our girl with 3 movies coming out in theaters: “To The Wonder“, “Passion“, and “About Time“.
Read our full review after the jump/inside.
29 December 2013 Aloha Movie News Comments Off on Untitled Cameron Crowe Project: It’s A Wrap!
Local news sources – including Hawaii News Now and KITV – in Hawaii reported last weekend that Cameron Crowe was wrapping up production on his still untitled movie in Hawaii. Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone star in the movie and Rachel will have a supporting role. Other co-stars include John Krasinski, Bill Murray, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, and Alec Baldwin. The movie has been filming in Hawaii for the last 3 months and Rachel wrapped up filming her scenes a few days before Emma and Bradley filmed their final scenes.
KITV is reporting that the movie will be released in the second half of 2014. It was reported before that the movie is expected to get a 2014 release.
Welcome to the brand new version of Rachel McAdams Online! As much as we loved our previous layout, which was online for almost 10 months, we thought it was time for a new one. We also have matching themes for our gallery and media archives. They are all made by the very talented Ray from Oh My Morning. We hope you like it as much as we do! We worked and will continue to work on updating our content. We are going trough all our pages and get them up-to-date again. We also aim to give most pages a nice revamp/make-over in the coming months. We also started re-adding old videos from our old media archive to our new ones so be sure to check them out! Enjoy our new looks, let us know what you think and if you find any errors and/or bugs!
We also want to take this opportunity to wish all the visitors of Rachel McAdams Online a Merry Christmas! We hope everyone can spend it with your family and loved ones.
The Sundance Film Festival 2014 announced their schedule for the festival. “A Most Wanted Man” is selected, as previous reported, as part of their Premieres line-up. The movie will have it’s first screening on January 19th in the Eccles Theatre and will have 4 other screenings the following days. Be sure to head over to the official movie page to find out the other dates.
The festivals runs from January 16-26 2014 in Utah. Open tickets sales will start January 16, but be sure to head over to Sundance.org for more information about the tickets and festival.
A Most Wanted Man
2013, 121 minutes, color, Germany/U.S.A., Premieres
Anton Corbijn’s adaptation of John Le Carre’s psychological novel follows German spy Gunther Bachmann as he tracks down Issa, a suspicious Chechen-Russian immigrant on the run in Hamburg. Pressured by his German and American colleagues to capture and interrogate his suspect as a Muslim terrorist, Bachmann instead asks for more time to carefully track Issa’s movements and his relationship with his German immigration lawyer, Annabel Richter. Using his secret contacts and keen skill, Bachmann uncovers a connection between a world-renowned Muslim philanthropist and a terrorist group, and devises a plan to use Issa and Annabel in a brilliant ploy to expose the scheme.
Universal announced the DVD and Blu-Ray release for “About Time“. The UK release date has been set on Monday February 3, 2014 and the US release date is a day later on February 4. Both the DVD and Blu-Ray will have extra features, but the Blu-Ray edition will have 3 additional ones. You can already pre-order it on Amazon.com: DVD, Blu-Ray (UK) + DVD, DVD/Blu-Ray Combo (US).
Bonus Features Available Exclusively on Blu-ray
• About Tim and Time Travel: Questions such as where did the time travel idea come from, what Tim does with this new found power and what effect it has on him are answered. Plus, a brief guide to the mechanics of time travel.
• The Look – Style and Locations: Across many iconic London locations and the delights that Cornwall in the summertime has to offer, gain insight into the visual quality of About Time and the look Richard Curtis decided to give this film.
• The World of Richard Curtis: Explore the sensibilities and aesthetic of Richard Curtis’ films – from the atmosphere on set, to the feel of the films and in particular how About Time fits into his body of work.
Bonus Features on Blu-ray and DVD
• Deleted Scenes: With Introductions by Director Richard Curtis
• Blooper Reel: Making Movies is a Serious Business
• The “Luckiest” Music: Why Richard Curtis picked Ben Folds’ “The Luckiest” for About Time
• Ellie Goulding “How Long Will I Love You?” Music Video
• Feature Commentary with Director Richard Curtis and Cast Members Domhnall Gleeson, Bill Nighy, Vanessa Kirby, Lydia Wilson and Tom Hollander
The Box Office is reporting that “About Time” topped the South-Korean box office this weekend with 4 million and doubling the opening weekend numbers of Love Actually in the country.
The Sundance Film Festival announced the titles selected to screen in its out-of-competition Premieres and Documentary Premieres sections earlier today and “A Most Wanted Man got selected! Sundance provided the media with the following synopsis for the movie:
A Most Wanted Man (Germany-US)
Director: Anton Corbijn
Based on John le Carré’s bestselling book, Anton Corbijn directs this modern-day thriller with Academy Award–winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rachel McAdams and Robin Wright headlining an ensemble cast.
Cast: Philip Seymour Hoffman, Rachel McAdams, Willem Dafoe, Robin Wright.
Screen Daily has a list of the premieres and documentary premieres sections so be sure to head to their website. The festivals runs from January 16-26 2014 in Utah. Lionsgate acquired the US right earlier this year and this marks the first time a movie of Rachel gets selected for the festival!
The Hollywood News is reporting that a special final UK screening of “About Time” in theaters will be held next week. You can (pre)oder tickets over here.
THN love an original event and on Sunday 1st December the flicker club will host a unique Finale screening of Richard Curtis’ summer hit ABOUT TIME, with a special personal introduction from the man who brought us FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL, NOTTING HILL and LOVE ACTUALLY. For those special event at Bounce, the home of ping pong, your ticket would included the movie, a rare chat with the director AND ping pong. What more could you possibly need?!
Variety is reporting that Picturehouse and Universal Pictures are hosting special screenings of “About Time” in the UK to raise proceeds for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. You can book your tickets over here.
U.K. movie theater chain Picturehouse and Universal Pictures have linked up to stage a special charity screening in aid of the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
Screenings of Richard Curtis’ sci-fi romantic comedy “About Time,” starring Bill Nighy, Domhnall Gleeson and Rachel McAdams, will be held at 19 Picturehouse theaters in the U.K. on Nov. 23.